What to Do After an Accident

Jacksonville Accident Lawyer

Serving Residents of Duval, Baker, Clay, Nassau, and St. Johns Counties in North Florida

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident of any kind in Jacksonville or Duval County, FIRST ensure that you are physically safe. Once you have reached a safe location, try to follow these guidelines if you are able:
  • CALL THE POLICE.  They will collect all relevant reports and documentation of the accident.
  • DO NOT DISCUSS THE ACCIDENT with the other parties involved, especially in regard to who may be at fault for the accident. Our law offices will collect these details.
  • OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM THE OTHER DRIVER(S) including full name, address, license plate number and insurance carrier.
  • DOCUMENT THE SCENE using a camera, cell phone, and/or notes (if possible). Try to record all the details you can remember, even if you don’t think they may be important at the time. Perform these tasks in a SAFE area (i.e., DO NOT stand in the middle of a busy roadway to take pictures).
  • SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY, whether you think you need it or not.

Once you are safe and have received any necessary medical attention, contact an experienced auto accident and personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible. The Law Offices of Paul J. Healy serve those who have been involved in accidents in Jacksonville and Duval County, including residents of the surrounding counties of Baker, Clay, Nassau, and St. Johns.

Contact Us for a FREE Consultation

Silhouette of hiking man jumping over the mountainsPaul J. Healy, Attorney at Law
1830 Atlantic Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Phone: 904-391-0029
Fax: 904-399-4540

Monday-Friday, 9a-5p ET
Closed Major & Court Holidays

Connect with us online

@PaulHealyLaw on Twitter Follow Paul Healy Law on Google+